Skin cancers, “pre-cancers”, and all sorts of warts, lumps, and bumps…you wish to have them examined and removed, but it’s sometimes hard to get in with a specialist. Good news! Simple dermatologic procedures don’t require specialist intervention. Unfortunately many primary care doctors don’t do simple surgeries in the office anymore, and it can take months to get in with a new dermatologist. I have many years of experience and specialized training doing minor skin procedures and now I have equipped my office for this purpose.
Schedule a visit for an evaluation of:
- Skin ulcers
- Nodules and cysts
- Skin tags and toadstools
- Rashes that haven’t responded to treatment
Not sure what it is? Come on in and we’ll evaluate it and develop a treatment plan. We’ll biopsy what we find using our support partners at Pennsylvania Specialty Pathology where Dr. Shashi Baksh, a specialist in skin pathology, will provide
Single ProblemInitial / New Patient
- Initial, new patient visit for a single problem, 30 minutes inclusive
- (If removals are required additional time is included in removal charge)
Skin CheckInitial / New Patient
- Initial, new patient visit for a general skin check, 45 minutes inclusive
- (Complete survey of the body for problems)
BiopsyOne Lesion / Area
- Simple punch or shave biopsy of one lesion or area
- Additional biopsies, each: $10
- Removal or destruction of up to 14 minor lesions
- (Shaving, freezing, or chemical)
RemovalNodule / Cyst / Tumor
- Removal of a nodule, cyst or tumor requiring stitches for closure of wound
Pricing and Payment
Like my homeopathic practice, I do not accept commercial insurance, but laboratory testing of any biopsy samples can be billed directly to your commercial insurance by PSP. Again, like my homeopathic practice, I do accept Regular Medicare as payment for dermatology surgical services. If the Medicare claim is rejected you will be billed directly at the cash rate.
Of course, I can’t predict every situation so individual billing may vary, but when this is the case I will discuss it with you so you can make the right decision for your health and your financial well-being. However, this is the basic cash billing plan.
Most of the time I require an evaluation/exam and then there is something we need to do. For
I reserve the right to refer certain problems to other providers (such as a plastic surgeon) or charge more for extensive services or service that extends beyond the typical time frame. I will advise you as soon as possible if this is the case.